Houghton, Middleton and Arbury
HOUGHTON, a hamlet and a township in Winwick parish, Lancashire. The hamlet lies 2½ miles NNE of Warrington. The township includes also Middleton and Arbury, and comprises 839 acres. Real property, £1,745. Pop., 253. Houses, 45.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Houghton Green area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Warrington. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Houghton Middleton and Arbury to another place. Winwick. maps of Houghton Green and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ626918 (Lat/Lon: 53.421654, -2.564259), Houghton Green which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.