HOWICK, a township in Penwortham parish, Lancashire; near the river Ribble, 2½ miles SW of Preston. Acres, 879; of which 130 are water. Real property, £1,210. Pop., 93. Houses, 19. Howick Hall, a neat edifice, embosomed in wood, is the seat of T. Norris, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Howick Cross area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Howick to another place. Penwortham. maps of Howick and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD504276 (Lat/Lon: 53.742405, -2.753527), Howick Cross which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.