HUTTON, a township with a village in Penwortham parish, Lancashire; near the river Ribble, 3½ miles SW by W of Preston. Acres, 2,683; of which 760 are water. Real property, £3,780. Pop., 461. Houses, 85. Hutton Hall is the seat of L. Rawstorne, Esq. Bricks and tiles are made. There is a free grammar school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Hutton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Hutton to another place. Penwortham. maps of Hutton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD498266 (Lat/Lon: 53.733360, -2.762461), Hutton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.