HUTTON, a township with a village in Penwortham parish, Lancashire; near the river Ribble, 3½ miles SW by W of Preston. Acres, 2,683; of which 760 are water. Real property, £3,780. Pop., 461. Houses, 85. Hutton Hall is the seat of L. Rawstorne, Esq. Bricks and tiles are made. There is a free grammar school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)