INCE-BLUNDELL, a village and a township in Sefton parish, Lancashire. The village stands near the river Alt and the Liverpool and Southport railway, 9 miles NNW of Liverpool; and has a very ancient cross, and a Roman Catholic chapel. The township comprises 2,258 acres. Real property, £5,022. Pop., 572. Houses, 91. Most of the land belongs to Thomas W. Blundell, Esq., and part to the Earl of Sefton. InceBlundell Hall, the seat of Mr. Blundell, is a splendid mansion, in a beautiful park; and has attached to it a building modelled exactly after the Pantheon at Rome, but one-third less in size, and containing a rich collection of statuary, paintings, sarcophagi, vases, bronzes, and other objects of interest.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Holy Family, Back O'th Town Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ince Blundell area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Index to marriages at Holy Family(RC) (1831-1900) arranged by groom's surname
- Index to marriages at Holy Family(RC) (1831-1900) arranged by bride's surname
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD322034 (Lat/Lon: 53.522868, -3.024156), Ince Blundell which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.