IREBY, a township in Thornton-in-Lonsdale parish, Lancashire; on the Ingleton railway, adjacent to Yorkshire, 4 miles SE of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Acres, 1,810. Real property, £1,042. Pop., 113. Houses, 20.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ireby area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. Local information about Ireby.
You can see pictures of Ireby which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Ireby to another place. Thornton in Lonsdale in the West Riding of Yorkshire. maps of Ireby and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD655755 (Lat/Lon: 54.174128, -2.530024), Ireby which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.