The church does not have a graveyard.
It was founded in 1878. It is now closed, but we do not know the date of closure.
The United Methodist Free Church, in Duke St, is only a temporary structure of corrugated iron, erected about four years ago, the site for which was given by the Furness Iron and Steel Company.
Mannex's Directory of Furness & Cartmel 1892.
Originally a Free Methodist chapel. Not shown on OS map "surveyed in 1889", but mentioned in Slater's Directory of Lancashire, 1890, and in Kelly's Directory of Lancashire, 1895. Described in Bulmer's Directory of Furness & Cartmel, c1911, as "a temporary structure of corrugated iron".
Still shown as U.M. Chapel on post-Second World War Ordnance Survey maps, but closed c1950s. Subsequently converted into a social club.
In 1907 the United Methodist Free Church merged with the Methodist New Connexion and the Bible Christians to form the United Methodist Church.
In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.