KENYON, a township in Winwick parish, Lancashire; on the Liverpool and Manchester railway, at the junction of the Bolton and Leigh railway, 2½ miles E by N of Newton-in-Mackerfield. It has a station at the r. junction, and a post office under Manchester: and it gives the title of baron to the family of Kenyon. Acres, 1,597. Real property, £2,419. Pop., 274. Houses, 55. Bricks are made.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Kenyon area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Wigan & Leigh. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Kenyon to another place. Winwick. maps of Kenyon and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ630956 (Lat/Lon: 53.455837, -2.558688), Kenyon which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.