KENYON, a township in Winwick parish, Lancashire; on the Liverpool and Manchester railway, at the junction of the Bolton and Leigh railway, 2½ miles E by N of Newton-in-Mackerfield. It has a station at the r. junction, and a post office under Manchester: and it gives the title of baron to the family of Kenyon. Acres, 1,597. Real property, £2,419. Pop., 274. Houses, 55. Bricks are made.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)