KNOTTY-ASH, a chapelry in Walton-on-the-Hill parish, Lancashire; ½ a mile N of Broad-Green r. station, and 4 E of Liverpool. It has a post office under Liverpool, and a police station. Pop. in 1861, about 1,800. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Salisbury. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, not reported.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern, in the later English style; and contains 900 sittings. There are national schools.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Calvary, East Prescot Rd, Independent Baptist
- Thomas Lane, Congregational
- St John The Evangelist, Thomas Lane, Church of England
- Kingdom Hall, Old Thomas Lane, Broadgreen, Jehovah's Witness
- St Margaret Mary, Pilch Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Knotty Ash area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Liverpool. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Knotty Ash to another place. West Derby, in the parish of Walton on the Hill. maps of Knotty Ash and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ406913 (Lat/Lon: 53.415137, -2.895179), Knotty Ash which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.