KNOTTY-ASH, a chapelry in Walton-on-the-Hill parish, Lancashire; ½ a mile N of Broad-Green r. station, and 4 E of Liverpool. It has a post office under Liverpool, and a police station. Pop. in 1861, about 1,800. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Salisbury. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, not reported.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern, in the later English style; and contains 900 sittings. There are national schools.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St John The Evangelist, Thomas Lane, Church of England
- Thomas Lane, Congregational
- Calvary, East Prescot Rd, Independent Baptist
- Kingdom Hall, Old Thomas Lane, Jehovah's Witness, Broadgreen
- St Margaret Mary, Pilch Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Knotty Ash area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Liverpool. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Knotty Ash to another place. West Derby, in the parish of Walton on the Hill. maps of Knotty Ash and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ406913 (Lat/Lon: 53.415137, -2.895179), Knotty Ash which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview