Layton with Warbreck
LAYTON-WITH-WARBRECK, a township in Bispham parish, Lancashire; on the coast and on the Blackpool railway, 2½ miles SW of Poulton-le-Fylde. It contains the town of Blackpool. Acres, 3,241; of which 840 are water. Real property, £17,246; of which £150 are in gas works. Pop. in 1851, 2,564; in 1861, 3,907. Houses, 761. The manor belongs to J. T. Clifton, Esq. Knowle is the seat of Lord Edward F. Howard.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Talbot Rd, Cemetery
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Layton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackpool & Fylde. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Layton with Warbreck to another place. Bispham. It is now better known as Blackpool. maps of Layton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD325369 (Lat/Lon: 53.823968, -3.026928), Layton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.