LAYTON-WITH-WARBRECK, a township in Bispham parish, Lancashire; on the coast and on the Blackpool railway, 2½ miles SW of Poulton-le-Fylde. It contains the town of Blackpool. Acres, 3,241; of which 840 are water. Real property, £17,246; of which £150 are in gas works. Pop. in 1851, 2,564; in 1861, 3,907. Houses, 761. The manor belongs to J. T. Clifton, Esq. Knowle is the seat of Lord Edward F. Howard.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)