We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
Levenshulme, township with ry. sta., Manchester par., SE. Lancashire, 3 miles SE. of Manchester, 606 ac., pop. 3557; P.O., T.O.; is a local government district, and shares in the industries of Manchester.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Manchester
- Essex St (now Elmsworth St), Baptist
- Stockport Road, Congregational
- Zion, Clare Road, Congregational
- St Andrew, Broom Avenue, Church of England
- St Andrew, Stockport Road, Church of England
- St Mark, Barlow Road, Church of England
- St Peter, Stockport Road, Church of England
- Cromwell Grove, Free Methodist
- Cromwell Grove, Primitive Methodist
- Alma Park, Stockport Rd, United Methodist Free Church
- Chapel Street, Wesleyan Methodist
- Woodfold Ave (formerly Wesley St), Wesleyan Methodist
- Cromwell Hall, Marshall Rd, Christian Centre
- Carrill Grove East , Christian Spiritualist
- Fifth Church of Christ, Scientist , Moseley Road, Church of Christ, Scientist
- West Point Assembly Hall, Albert Rd, Church of God
- St Aidan, Clare Road, Orthodox Church (Patriarchate of Antioch)
- Stockport Road, Seventh Day Adventist
- St Mary of the Angels and St Clare, Clare Road, Roman Catholic
- St Mary of the Angels and St Clare, Elbow St, Roman Catholic
- St Mary of the Angels and St Clare, Stockport Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Levenshulme area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Levenshulme area is Manchester
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Levenshulme which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Levenshulme has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ874943 (Lat/Lon: 53.445305, -2.191179), Levenshulme which are provided by: