HEATON (LITTLE), a township in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; contiguous to Great Heaton, 5 miles N of Manchester. It was called, till about a century ago, Heaton-Fallowfield. Acres, 509. Real property, £1,915. Pop., 838. Houses, 161. The manor belonged to the Hollands, and passed to the Egertons. About one half of the property belongs now to the Earl of Wilton. A farm house, called Old Hall, occupies the site of Old Heaton Hall. There is a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)