The church has/had a graveyard.
It was founded before 1850 and closed before 1980. The old church was in trouble from mining subsidance from the local pits. So they moved the chuch to Highgate
after construction was completed. It is thought to be about 1970 when they started to worship there and the old church was pulled down.
The Presbyterian church was influenced by Calvinism which rejected bishops and believed that the church should be governed by a hierarchy of general assembly, synod, presbytery and kirk sessions attened by ministers and elders of equal rank. Presbyterianism flourished in the 17th and early 18th centuries but in the later 18th century many Presbyterian churches adopted Unitarianism.
In 1972 the Presbyterian Church of England merged with the Congregational Church to form the United Reformed Church.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.
The church is located at OS grid reference SD7091704075 (Lat/Lon 53.532512,-2.440251). You can see this on maps provided by: