Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
Lever, Little, township and vil., Bolton le Moors par., SE. Lancashire, 3 miles SE. of Bolton, 807 ac., pop. 4413; P.O., T.O.; has cotton mills, paper works, chemical and bleaching works, and collieries.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Bolton
- Market St, Congregational
- Christ Church, Mytham Rd, United Reformed
- St Matthew, Market Street, Church of England
- Christ Church, Mytham Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- King's Centre, Market St, Christian Fellowship
- Herbert Street / Ashton Street, Evangelist
- Kingdom Hall, Mytham Rd, Jehovah's Witness
- St Teresa , Redcar Road , Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Little Lever area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Little Lever area is Bolton
You can see pictures of Little Lever which are provided by:
In 1835 Little Lever was a township in the parish of Bolton
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD752073 (Lat/Lon: 53.561719, -2.375892), Little Lever which are provided by: