The church has/had a graveyard. Interment at the graveyard of this church was discontinued in 1854.
It was founded before 1807 and closed before 1963.
The Brunswick Chapel was extended in 1932 (Daily Dispatch newspaper article dated Jan 27th, 1932). The article states that "Centuries old memorials to some of the most revered nonconformist ministers in the history of Liverpool are shortly to be removed, with the remains". They were to be transfered to the Anfield cemetery, and "The old church with its seating capacity of 1,200 is now in need of extension".
It appears that not all the remains were removed at this time as some were found during major building work in 2009. These were re-buried.
The chapel was being used as a Warehouse by 1963, when it burned down on 29th May. The building ruins were demolished in 1964 by Gaskell & Chambers of Sheffield. On the 8th June 1964, Gaskell & Chambers of Sheffield placed a newspaper announcement stating that beginning August 12th 1964 all unclaimed, extant, remains on the site were to be removed for cremation prior to demolition of the what remained of the Chapel.
The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.