LOSTOCK, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; on the Bolton and Preston railway, 4 miles W of Bolton. It is connected ecclesiastically with West Houghton chapelry. Acres, 1,426. Real property, £2,146. Pop., 580. Houses, 121. Lostock Hall here is a timbered house of 1563, with oriels; belonged to the Andertons; and passed to the Blundells. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Lostock area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Lostock to another place. Bolton. Information about boundaries and administrative areas is available from A Vision of Britain through time. Lostock in the 19th century. maps of Lostock and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD663088 (Lat/Lon: 53.574704, -2.510416), Lostock which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.