LOSTOCK, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; on the Bolton and Preston railway, 4 miles W of Bolton. It is connected ecclesiastically with West Houghton chapelry. Acres, 1,426. Real property, £2,146. Pop., 580. Houses, 121. Lostock Hall here is a timbered house of 1563, with oriels; belonged to the Andertons; and passed to the Blundells. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)