The church does not have a graveyard.
It was founded in 1873.
The Methodist Chapel in Lower Darwen held its final service on Sunday 7 January 2001. The Methodist congregation started worshipping at Lower Darwen URC, Sandy Lane the following week (Sunday 14 Jan). The Methodist and United Reformed Churches were formally joined and renamed Trinity Church, Lower Darwen at an Inauguration and Signing service on 12 January 2003.
The stained glass windows from the Methodist chapel are now installed in Trinity Church.
In 1907 the United Methodist Free Church merged with the Methodist New Connexion and the Bible Christians to form the United Methodist Church.
In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.