LOWICK, a township-chapelry in Ulverstone parish, Lancashire; on the river Crake, 5 miles N of Ulverstone r. station. Post town, Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 1,900. Real property, £2,382. Pop., 468. Houses, 86. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Gaskarth family. Lowick Bridge, ¾ of a mile N of the church, commands a fine view of Coniston-water and Coniston-fells. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Valne, £104. Patrons, Mrs. Gaskarth and sisters. The church is a small edifice, covered, over both walls and roof with blue slate. Charities, £6.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)