LUND, a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; at the head of the Ribble estuary, near the Preston and Wyre railway, 3 miles ESE of Kirkham. It was constituted in 1840. Post town, Kirkham, under Preston. Rated property, £7,429. Pop., 733. Houses, 138. Much of the property belongs to Col. J. T. Clifton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £364. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1824.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)