We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
St Peter Roman Catholic, Lytham
A graveyard and chapel
was opened in 1892 about 1 mile away on Saltcotes Road at OS Grid Ref. SD377282.
The Catholic chapel, in Clifton street, dedicated to St. Peter, and erected in 1840 at a cost of £3,000, is a brick building, with an embattled western tower, added in 1881, at a cost of £1,000, by the late Col. Clifton ; the interior was restored in 1888 at a cost of £1,000.
from Kelly's Lancashire Directory, 1895
St Peter's was founded in 1800. The present church was built in 1839 and extended in a number of stages.
Registers begin as Clifton Hall in 1753. Lancashire Record Office
- Baptisms 1753-1856
- Marriages 1753-1803, 1837-1856
The Catholic Record Society have published:
- Vol. 16 - Baptisms 1753-1829, Marriages 1753-1803
The Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society
- Baptisms 1857-1899
- Marriages 1837-1940
- Burials 1857-1885, 1892-1956, 1996-1998
- Baptisms - 1753-1829
- Marriages - 1753-1803
The church is located at OS grid reference SD3695527182 (Lat/Lon 53.737194,-2.957269). You can see this on maps provided by: