St Peter, Lytham - Roman Catholic
graveyard and chapel was opened in 1892 about 1 mile away on Saltcotes Road at OS Grid Ref. SD377282.
The Catholic chapel, in Clifton street, dedicated to St. Peter, and erected in 1840 at a cost of £3,000, is a brick building, with an embattled western tower, added in 1881, at a cost of £1,000, by the late Col. Clifton ; the interior was restored in 1888 at a cost of £1,000.St Peter's was founded in 1800. The present church was built in 1839 and extended in a number of stages.
from Kelly's Lancashire Directory, 1895
Original registersRegisters begin as Clifton Hall in 1753. Lancashire Record Office hold:
- Baptisms 1753-1856
- Marriages 1753-1803, 1837-1856
Register TranscriptsThe Catholic Record Society have published:
- Vol. 16 - Baptisms 1753-1829, Marriages 1753-1803
- Baptisms 1857-1899
- Marriages 1837-1940
- Burials 1857-1885, 1892-1956, 1996-1998
IndexesThe IGI contains:
- Baptisms - 1753-1829
- Marriages - 1753-1803
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].