Medlar with Wesham
MEDLAR-WITH-WESHAM, a township in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; around Kirkham r. station, from ½ a mile to 2½ miles N of Kirkham. It has a postal letterbox, at the r. station, under Preston; and has there also a hotel. Acres, 1,971. Real property, £3,441. Pop. in 1851, 170; in 1861, 563. Houses, 101. The increase of pop. arose from additional employment in cotton mills. The manor, with Mowbreck Hall, belongs to J. T. Fazakerley-Westby, Esq. The Hall is a fine old edifice of red brick, castellated with stone; and contains a domestic Roman Catholic chapel. A large school, used also as a lecture hall, and belonging to the Independents, was built at Wesham in 1864.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Christ Church, Garstang Rd North, Church of England
- Garstang Rd South, Primitive Methodist
- St Joseph, Fleetwood Rd, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Wesham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackpool & Fylde. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Medlar with Wesham to another place. Kirkham. maps of Wesham and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD417333 (Lat/Lon: 53.792730, -2.886501), Wesham which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.