HULTON (MIDDLE), a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; near the Bolton and Leigh railway, 3½ miles SSW of Bolton. Acres, 1,280. Real property, £6,446; of which £3,591 are in mines, and £100 in quarries. Pop., 790. Houses, 157. The manor belongs to the Earl of Ellesmere. Leigh's charities here yield £67 a year.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Water Gate Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Middle Hulton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Middle Hulton to another place. Deane. Middle Hulton in the 19th century. maps of Middle Hulton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD702053 (Lat/Lon: 53.543482, -2.451186), Middle Hulton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.