We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

St Edmund Church of England, Whalley Range

St Edmund,
Alexandra Road,
Whalley Range
Lancashire

Cemeteries

The church does not have a graveyard.

Church History

It was founded in 1882. The Church congregation moved into what was the church halls next door in the 1980s, and remodelled the large hall as the present church. The parish boundaries remain as they have been for many years and the parish is now in a united benefice with St. James, Moss Side. The old church building has been sold and converted into flats. The photograph is of the old church with various flats for sale. The current church building is on the left.

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.

Church Records

Maps

The church is located at OS grid reference SJ8330595158 (Lat/Lon 53.452903,-2.252879). You can see this on maps provided by: