Much Hoole, township and vil. (ry. sta. Hoole), Hoole par., N. Lancashire, 7 miles SW. of Preston, 1776 ac. (30 water), pop. 581; P.O.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Much Hoole area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Much Hoole to another place. Hoole. Information about boundaries and administrative areas is available from A Vision of Britain through time. maps of Much Hoole and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD469228 (Lat/Lon: 53.698920, -2.805764), Much Hoole which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.