MYERSCOUGH, a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, and near the Preston and Lancaster railway, 3 miles S of Garstang. Acres, 2,740. Real property, £4,263. Pop., 426. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster. Myerscough Hall is the seat of Major E. Cunliffe; and Myerscough House, of J. Cunliffe, Esq. Fairs for fatstock are held on 15 April and the Monday after Rogation-day.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Myerscough area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Myerscough to another place. Lancaster. maps of Myerscough and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD498401 (Lat/Lon: 53.854689, -2.764665), Myerscough which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.