NETHERTON, a township, with a village, in Sefton parish, Lancashire; on the river Alt, and on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 6 miles N by E of Liverpool. Acres, 1,090. Real property, £2,661. Pop., 286. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to the Earl of Sefton. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Emmanuel, Fleetwood's Lane, Baptist
- St Oswald, Ronald Ross Avenue, Church of England
- St Mark, Gorsey Lane, Methodist
- Our Lady of Walsingham, Stand Park Ave, Roman Catholic
- St Benet, Chapel Lane, Roman Catholic
- St Benet, Copy Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Netherton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Sefton South. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Netherton to another place. Sefton. maps of Netherton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD358000 (Lat/Lon: 53.492764, -2.969166), Netherton which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview