We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Greenacres Rd Wesleyan Methodist, Greenacres

Wesleyan Methodist church,
Greenacres Rd,
Greenacres
Lancashire

Bibliography

  • Wesley Chapel, Jubilee Souvenir, 1858 to 1908.
  • Wesley Past and Prsent 1832 - 1932.
Copies of both are held at Oldham Local Studies.

Cemeteries

The church does not have a graveyard.

Church History

It was founded in 1832 at Mount Pleasant. In 1858 they moved to Greenacres Road. The church closed in 1970.

The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain. The Mount Pleasant church was located

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.

Church Records

Maps

The church is located at OS grid reference SD9372005252 (Lat/Lon 53.543863,-2.096248). You can see this on maps provided by: