The church has/had a graveyard.
It was founded in 1824. It is now closed. Marriages stopped on the 10th July 1970, prayers stopped on the 21st July 1970 and it has been demolished.
The Independent churches were ones in which each congregation was autonomous, upholding the principles of independence. In the 19th century they became known as Congregational.
In 1972 the Congregational church joined with the English Presbyterian church to become the United Reformed Church.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.