We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Windsor Rd, Coppice, Congregational, Werneth
Windsor Rd, Coppice,
The church does/did not have a graveyard.
It was founded in 1870. It is now closed and has been demolished, but we do not know the date of closure.
From the 1950s onwards it shared a minister with Ashton Road Congregational Church. It closed around 1970, possibly before.
They began holding services in the Mechanics' Institute at the junction of Manchester Street and Coppice Street. That was in August 1868 and in the following November they started a Sunday School. The mission became independent in 1870, but at this point had no church building of its own. Work began in 1874 and the chapel/school was opened the same year. It could seat 400 and cost £2,600. The church was still active in the years between the wars but has since been closed and demolished.
Source: The History of Oldham Churches by John Beever
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
The church is located at OS grid reference SD9162904288 (Lat/Lon 53.535168,-2.127777). You can see this on maps provided by: