ORRELL and FORD, a township in Sefton parish, Lancashire; on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 4½ miles N of Liverpool. Acres, 728. Real property, £2,753. Pop. in 1851, 279; in 1861, 358. Houses, 57. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of trade in Liverpool. Most of the land belongs to the Earl of Sefton. Ford Lodge and Hatton Hall are chief residences.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- SS John and James, Monfa Rd, Orrell Hey, Church of England
- Trinity, Rice Lane, Orrell Park, Presbyterian
- Springwell Rd, Presbyterian Church of Wales
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Orrell area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Sefton South. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Orrell to another place. Sefton. maps of Orrell and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ347968 (Lat/Lon: 53.463870, -2.985077), Orrell which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.