RAWCLIFFE (Out), a township-chapelry in St. Michael-on-Wyre parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 4 miles E by N of Poulton r. station, and 5½ W S W of Garstang. Post-town, Great Eccleston, under Garstang. Acres, 4,340, of which 180 are water. Real property, £5,591. Pop., 771. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to the representatives of the late R. W. France, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Michael-on-Wyre. The church was built in 1838, and is in the Norman style. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St John, Crook Gate Lane, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Out Rawcliffe area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Out Rawcliffe to another place. St. Michaels on Wyre. maps of Out Rawcliffe and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD404419 (Lat/Lon: 53.869870, -2.907902), Out Rawcliffe which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.