RAWCLIFFE (Out), a township-chapelry in St. Michael-on-Wyre parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 4 miles E by N of Poulton r. station, and 5½ W S W of Garstang. Post-town, Great Eccleston, under Garstang. Acres, 4,340, of which 180 are water. Real property, £5,591. Pop., 771. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to the representatives of the late R. W. France, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Michael-on-Wyre. The church was built in 1838, and is in the Norman style. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)