Belgrave Meeting House, Darwen- Independent
Townsend Chapel was built by Rev Henry Townsend in 1806 when he resigned from Pole Lane Chapel. Pole Lane Chapel and Townsend Chapel joined congregations and became Ebenezer Chapel. This Chapel closed in 1840 when the congregation became too large and Belgrave Meeting House was built and was opened for public worship on October 21st 1847.
This Church was opened for public worship on October 21st 1847. It closed in the mid 1970s due to the roof becoming dangerous. In the 1990's it was converted into apartments.
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
We do not currently have the following information, and if you can provide it then please do so:
- We think we have the exact location of the church.
If not please look at the
and drag the church icon to the correct location. A balloon will then pop up, on which you will find a link to report the correct value.
- We know the church has closed but do not know in which year this happened.
- Have the Monumentals Inscriptions on the gravestones been transcribed and published, and by whom?
If you have any further information about the church that you think would be useful to other researchers then do get in touch.