HULTON (OVER), a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; near the Bolton and Leigh railway, 4 miles SSW of Bolton. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £9,145; of which £6,775 are in mines. Pop., 447. Houses, 87. The property, with Hulton Hall, belongs to W. T. Hulton, Esq. The hall is a modern edifice, with portico and semicircular wing; and stands in an extensive and tastefully disposed park.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Andrew, Crescent Avenue, Church of England
- St George the Martyr, Church Avenue, Daubhill, Church of England
- Melbourne Road, Daubhill, Methodist
- St Peter, Sandon St, Daubhill, Primitive Methodist
- Church Avenue, Daubhill, New Testament Church of God
- St Vincent de Paul, Newbrook Rd, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Over Hulton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Over Hulton to another place. Deane. Over Hulton in the 19th century. maps of Over Hulton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD688057 (Lat/Lon: 53.546996, -2.472352), Over Hulton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.