HULTON (OVER), a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; near the Bolton and Leigh railway, 4 miles SSW of Bolton. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £9,145; of which £6,775 are in mines. Pop., 447. Houses, 87. The property, with Hulton Hall, belongs to W. T. Hulton, Esq. The hall is a modern edifice, with portico and semicircular wing; and stands in an extensive and tastefully disposed park.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St George the Martyr, Church Avenue, Church of England, Daubhill
- St Andrew, Crescent Avenue, Church of England
- Melbourne Road, Methodist, Daubhill
- Church Avenue, New Testament Church of God, Daubhill
- St Peter, Sandon St, Primitive Methodist, Daubhill
- St Vincent de Paul, Newbrook Rd, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Over Hulton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Over Hulton to another place. Deane. Over Hulton in the 19th century. maps of Over Hulton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD688057 (Lat/Lon: 53.546996, -2.472352), Over Hulton which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview