Preesall with Hackensall
PREESALL-WITH-HACKENSALL, a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on Lancaster bay and the river Wyre, opposite Fleetwood. Acres, 3,860; of which 965 are water. Real property, £5,351. Pop., 812. Houses, 180. The manor, with Parrox Hall, belongs to D. H. Elletson, Esq. A cemetery for this township and for Stalmine-with-Stainall, was formed in 1856; and there is an Independent chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Oswald, Lancaster Road, Church of England
- Bethel, Lancaster Road, Congregational
- Lancaster Rd, Primitive Methodist, Knott End
- St Bernard, Hackensall Rd, Roman Catholic, Knott End
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Preesall area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Preesall with Hackensall to another place. Lancaster. history of Preesall. maps of Preesall and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD365473 (Lat/Lon: 53.917935, -2.968327), Preesall which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview