Preesall with Hackensall
PREESALL-WITH-HACKENSALL, a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on Lancaster bay and the river Wyre, opposite Fleetwood. Acres, 3,860; of which 965 are water. Real property, £5,351. Pop., 812. Houses, 180. The manor, with Parrox Hall, belongs to D. H. Elletson, Esq. A cemetery for this township and for Stalmine-with-Stainall, was formed in 1856; and there is an Independent chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Bethel, Lancaster Road, Congregational
- St Oswald, Lancaster Road, Church of England
- Lancaster Rd, Knott End, Primitive Methodist
- St Bernard, Hackensall Rd, Knott End, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Preesall area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Preesall with Hackensall to another place. Lancaster. maps of Preesall and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD365473 (Lat/Lon: 53.917935, -2.968327), Preesall which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.