PREESALL-WITH-HACKENSALL, a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on Lancaster bay and the river Wyre, opposite Fleetwood. Acres, 3,860; of which 965 are water. Real property, £5,351. Pop., 812. Houses, 180. The manor, with Parrox Hall, belongs to D. H. Elletson, Esq. A cemetery for this township and for Stalmine-with-Stainall, was formed in 1856; and there is an Independent chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)