St Mary, Preston - Roman Catholic
St. Marys was on an elevated site on the south side of Friargate brow. The only access was by a flight of steps in a small tunnel through a row of shops. The church was demolished in the 1990s and the site is now a car park. A small shrine at the end of the tunnel marks the location of the church porch.
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
We do not currently have the following information, and if you can provide it then please do so:
- We do not have a precise reference to show exactly where the church
was located. If you do know its exact position on a map then please select
the following map link,
and use the instructions
for passing on map locations.
That should enable us to determine the exact location. Use the contact link at the end of this page
to send us an email, and paste in the URL you have selected.
Click here to show map.
- Do you have a picture of the church we could use? We don't
link to existing pictures already on the web without permission from
the copyright owner. If you have a .jpg or similar image then we can show it
on this page.
See the notes on taking church pictures.
- Has this church ever had a graveyard?