QUARLTON, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; ¾ of a mile S E of Chapel town r. station, and 5 N N E of Bolton. Acres, 500. Real property, £2,076; of which £472 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 361; in 1861, 253. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to H. Wright, Esq. There are calico print-works.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)