QUERNMOOR, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; 3 miles E S E of Lancaster r. station. Post-town, Lancaster. Acres, 6,593. Real property, £5,611. Pop., 563. Houses, 104. Q. Park and most of the land belong to W. J. Garnett, Esq. Escowbeck Hall is the seat of J. Greg, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £170.* Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was rebuilt in 1861, at a cost of £3,000; and is in the decorated English style, with a tower. There are a Quakers' chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Quernmore area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Quernmore to another place. Lancaster. maps of Quernmore and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD519590 (Lat/Lon: 54.024746, -2.735724), Quernmore which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.