QUERNMOOR, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; 3 miles E S E of Lancaster r. station. Post-town, Lancaster. Acres, 6,593. Real property, £5,611. Pop., 563. Houses, 104. Q. Park and most of the land belong to W. J. Garnett, Esq. Escowbeck Hall is the seat of J. Greg, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £170.* Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was rebuilt in 1861, at a cost of £3,000; and is in the decorated English style, with a tower. There are a Quakers' chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)