RAMPSIDE, a village and a chapelry in Dalton-in-Furness parish, Lancashire. The village stands on the coast, 1 mile N N E of Peel r. station, and 5¼ S by E of Dalton; consists of a few scattered dwellings; is coming into some repute as a watering-place; and has a post-office under Ulverstone, and an inn. The chapelry has no defined limits. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £105* Patron, the Vicar of Dalton. The church is old but good; and there is a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)