REDDISH, a township and a chapelry in Manchester parish, Lancashire. The township lies on the Stockport and Staleybridge railway, near the river Tame at the boundary with Cheshire, 2 miles N by E of Stockport; and has a station on the railway . Post-town, Stockport. Acres, 1,541. Real property, £8,444. Pop. in 1851, 1,218; in 1861, 1,363. Houses, 280. There are some handsome modern residences, inhabited by manufacturers of Stockport. There are also three cotton mills, print-works, and a paper manufactory. The chapelry is much more extensive than the township, was constitutedin 1864, and is called Heaton-Reddish. Pop., about 6,000. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £200. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1864, at a cost of £2,500; and is in the decorated English style.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Willow Grove Cemetery, Central Drive, Cemetery
- Broadstone Road, Christian Fellowship
- St Agnes, Reddish Lane, Church of England, North Reddish
- St Elisabeth, Leamington Road, Church of England
- St Mary, Reddish Rd, Church of England
- Christ Church, Lillian Grove, Methodist
- St Joseph, Gorton Road, Roman Catholic
- New Hope Centre, Coronation St, Seventh Day Adventist
- Rupert Street, Spiritualist
- Sandy Lane, Triangle Church
- Christ Church, Lillian Grove, United Reformed
- Aspinal, Reddish Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
- Reddish Green Methodist, Broadstone Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Reddish area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Stockport. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Reddish to another place. Manchester. Reddish in the 19th century. maps of Reddish and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ894936 (Lat/Lon: 53.439058, -2.161043), Reddish which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview