REEDLEY-HALLOWS, FILLEY-CLOSE, and NEW-LAUND-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the river Calder, and on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 2 miles N N E of Burnley r. station. Acres, 1,360. Real property, £5,331; of which £3,023 are in mines. Pop., 423. Houses, 75. R. House, R. Grove, Pendleview, and Mountford are chief residences; and there are two cotton factories.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Reedley area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Burnley and Pendle. Local information provided by Pendle.Net.
You can see pictures of Reedley which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Reedley Hallows to another place. Whalley. maps of Reedley and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD849355 (Lat/Lon: 53.815558, -2.230831), Reedley which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.