REEDLEY-HALLOWS, FILLEY-CLOSE, and NEW-LAUND-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the river Calder, and on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 2 miles N N E of Burnley r. station. Acres, 1,360. Real property, £5,331; of which £3,023 are in mines. Pop., 423. Houses, 75. R. House, R. Grove, Pendleview, and Mountford are chief residences; and there are two cotton factories.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)