Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
RIBBLETON, a township in Preston parish, Lancashire; 2 miles N E of Preston. Acres, 744. Real property, £1,904. Pop., 175. Houses, 34.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Preston library.
- St Mary Magdalene, Ribbleton Ave, Church of England
- The Ascension, Watling Street Road, Church of England
- Brookfield, Oakworth Avenue, Methodist
- St Maria Goretti, Gamull Lane, Roman Catholic
- The Blessed Sacrament, Farringdon Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Ribbleton area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Ribbleton which are provided by:
In 1835 Ribbleton was a township in the parish of Preston.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD561306 (Lat/Lon: 53.769880, -2.667537), Ribbleton which are provided by: