RIBBLETON, a township in Preston parish, Lancashire; 2 miles N E of Preston. Acres, 744. Real property, £1,904. Pop., 175. Houses, 34.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Longridge Rd, Crematorium
- St Mary Magdalene, Ribbleton Ave, Church of England
- The Ascension, Watling Street Road, Church of England
- Brookfield, Oakworth Avenue, Methodist
- St Maria Goretti, Gamull Lane, Roman Catholic
- The Blessed Sacrament, Farringdon Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ribbleton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Preston and South Ribble gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Ribbleton to another place. Preston. maps of Ribbleton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD561306 (Lat/Lon: 53.769880, -2.667537), Ribbleton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.