RIBBY-WITH-WREA, a township and a chapelryin Kirkham parish, Lancashire. The township lies on the Wyre railway, at Wrea-Green r. station, 1¾ mile W by S of Kirkham; and contains the village of Wrea-Green, which has a wall-box for Kirkham pest-office, under Preston. Acres, 1,366. Real property, £2,832. Pop., 444. Houses, 87. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to H. H. Hornby, Esq. The chapelry is more extensive than the township. Pop., 918. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £115. * Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was built in 1849. There are an endowed school and charities, with aggregately £148.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)