Rixton with Glazebrook
RIXTON, a township and a sub-district in Warrington parish and district, Lancashire. The township lies 5½ miles E by N of Warrington, and bears the name of Rixton-with-Glazebrook. Acres, 2,840. Real property, £4,298. Pop., 752. Houses, 151. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, and charities £9. The sub-district contains also two other townships. Acres, 5,517. Pop., 1,920. Houses, 379.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Dam Head Lane, Glazebrook, Primitive Methodist
- Glazebrook Lane, Glazebrook, Primitive Methodist
- Chapel Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
- St Michael, Moss Side Lane, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Rixton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Warrington. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Rixton with Glazebrook to another place. Warrington. maps of Rixton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ688904 (Lat/Lon: 53.409474, -2.470827), Rixton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.