Rixton with Glazebrook
RIXTON, a township and a sub-district in Warrington parish and district, Lancashire. The township lies 5½ miles E by N of Warrington, and bears the name of Rixton-with-Glazebrook. Acres, 2,840. Real property, £4,298. Pop., 752. Houses, 151. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, and charities £9. The sub-district contains also two other townships. Acres, 5,517. Pop., 1,920. Houses, 379.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Dam Head Lane, Primitive Methodist, Glazebrook
- Glazebrook Lane, Primitive Methodist, Glazebrook
- St Michael, Moss Side Lane, Roman Catholic
- Chapel Lane, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Rixton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Warrington. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Rixton with Glazebrook to another place. Warrington. maps of Rixton and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ688904 (Lat/Lon: 53.409474, -2.470827), Rixton which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview