The church had a graveyard.
It was founded in 1760.
Union St Methodist Chapel, Rochdale was demolished and graves in its graveyard relocated to make way for the Rochdale Inner Relief Road in the early 1960s. The Borough Surveyor's Office has an inventory of the graves. The original meetings were held above a shop in Toad Lane adjoining the original Rochdale Pioneers premises until the chapel was completed in 1793. The building roof collapsed in 1823. James Nuttall assisted in rebuilding the chapel which reopened in 16th Mar 1826.
The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.