ROUGH-LEE-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; at the E end of Pendle forest, 3½ miles W of Colne r. station, and 6 N W of Burnley. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £2,287. Pop. in 1851, 719; in 1861, 424. Houses, 99. The decrease of pop. was caused by the removal of hand-loom weavers. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. There are a cotton factory and a Wesleyan chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)