RUMWORTH, a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; 2 miles W S W of Bolton. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £7,504; of which £1,000 are in mines. Pop.in 1851, 1,386: in 1861, 1,861. Houses, 391. The increase of pop. arose from the erection of a cotton-mill and of weaving sheds. Whitebank and Rhuddylan House are chief residences. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £40.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Rumworth area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Bolton. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Rumworth to another place.
In 1835 Rumworth was a township in the parish of Deane.Rumworth in the 19th century. maps of Rumworth and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD683080 (Lat/Lon: 53.567638, -2.480132), Rumworth which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.