Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
RUSHOLME, a township in Manchester parish, Lancashire; on the Manchester and Macclesfield railway, 2½ miles S by E of Manchester. Acres, 956. Real property, £32,495. Pop. in 1851, 3,679; in 1861, 5,380. Houses, 986. The limits include a considerable suburb of Manchester, and the chapelry of Birch. R. House and R. Park are chief residences. A Wesleyan chapel, a cruciform edifice in the Gothic style, was built here in 1863, at a cost of £4,000.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- McClaren Memorial, Eileen Grove, Baptist
- Union Chapel, York Place, Baptist
- Wilmslow Rd, Congregational
- St David, Oxford Place, Victoria Park, Welsh Congregational
- Holy Trinity, Platt Lane, Church of England
- St James, Danes Rd, Birch in Rusholme, Church of England
- St John Chrysostom, Oxford Place, Victoria Park, Church of England
- Claremont Road, Primitive Methodist
- Moor St, Primitive Methodist
- Daisy Bank Road, Victoria Park, Welsh Calvinist Methodist
- Dickenson Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Bethel United Church of Jesus Christ , Claremont Road, Apostolic
- Daisy Bank Road, Victoria Park, Christian Fellowship
- First, Daisy Bank Road, Victoria Park, Church of Christ, Scientist
- Moss Lane East, Deeper Life Bible Church
- Park Range, New Apostolic Church
- Daisy Bank Road, Victoria Park, Spiritualist
- Platt Chapel, Wilmslow Road, Unitarian
- St Edward the Confessor, Thurloe St, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Rusholme area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Rusholme area is Manchester.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Rusholme which are provided by:
In 1835 Rusholme was a township in the parish of Manchester.
You can see the administrative areas
in which Rusholme has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ851952 (Lat/Lon: 53.453335, -2.225851), Rusholme which are provided by: