RUSHOLME, a township in Manchester parish, Lancashire; on the Manchester and Macclesfield railway, 2½ miles S by E of Manchester. Acres, 956. Real property, £32,495. Pop. in 1851, 3,679; in 1861, 5,380. Houses, 986. The limits include a considerable suburb of Manchester, and the chapelry of Birch. R. House and R. Park are chief residences. A Wesleyan chapel, a cruciform edifice in the Gothic style, was built here in 1863, at a cost of £4,000.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Bethel United Church of Jesus Christ, Claremont Road, Apostolic
- McClaren Memorial, Eileen Grove, Baptist
- Union Chapel, York Place, Baptist
- Daisy Bank Road, Christian Fellowship, Victoria Park
- First, Daisy Bank Road, Church of Christ, Scientist, Victoria Park
- St James, Danes Rd, Church of England, Birch in Rusholme
- Holy Trinity, Platt Lane, Church of England
- St John Chrysostom, Oxford Place, Church of England, Victoria Park
- Wilmslow Rd, Congregational
- Moss Lane East, Deeper Life Bible Church
- Park Range, New Apostolic Church
- Claremont Road, Primitive Methodist
- Moor St, Primitive Methodist
- St Edward the Confessor, Thurloe St, Roman Catholic
- Daisy Bank Road, Spiritualist, Victoria Park
- Platt Chapel, Wilmslow Road, Unitarian
- Daisy Bank Road, Welsh Calvinist Methodist, Victoria Park
- St David, Oxford Place, Welsh Congregational, Victoria Park
- Dickenson Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Rusholme area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Manchester. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Rusholme to another place. Manchester. Rusholme in the 19th century. maps of Rusholme and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ851952 (Lat/Lon: 53.453335, -2.225851), Rusholme which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview