SCOTFORTH, a village and a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire. The village stands near the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1¾ mi1e S of Lancaster; and contains a number of genteel houses. The township includes the hamlet of Langthwaite, and comprises 2,764acres. Real property, £6,117; of which £30 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 693; in 1861, 955. Houses, 193. Greaves House and Parkfield are chief residences. There is a small endowed school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)