SEAFORTH, a village and a chapelry in Sefton parish, Lancashire. The village stands on the coast, adjacent to the Liverpool and Southport railway, 4¼ miles N N W of Liverpool; and has a station on the railway, a post-office under Liverpool, and a hotel. The chapelry has no defined limits; but contains S. Hall, S. House, and numerous other good residences. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150.* Patron, Sir T. Gladstone. The church was built in 1815, and has an octagonal tower, with eight pinnacles.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Caradoc St, Knowsley Rd, Marsh Lane, Welsh Baptist
- Elm Rd, Congregational
- St Thomas, Church Rd, Church of England
- Gladstone Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Caradoc Mission, Seaforth Road, Presbyterian
- Our Lady Star of the Sea, Church Road, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Seaforth area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Sefton South. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Seaforth to another place. Down Litherland in the parish of Sefton. maps of Seaforth and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ323972 (Lat/Lon: 53.467161, -3.021308), Seaforth which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.