SEAFORTH, a village and a chapelry in Sefton parish, Lancashire. The village stands on the coast, adjacent to the Liverpool and Southport railway, 4¼ miles N N W of Liverpool; and has a station on the railway, a post-office under Liverpool, and a hotel. The chapelry has no defined limits; but contains S. Hall, S. House, and numerous other good residences. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150.* Patron, Sir T. Gladstone. The church was built in 1815, and has an octagonal tower, with eight pinnacles.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)