SIMONSTONE, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles E of Whalley r. station. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,264. Pop., 325. Houses, 61. S. Hall is the seat of W. Dugdale, Esq.; and Huntroyde Hall, of Le Gendre N. Starkie, Esq. There is a chapel-school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Peter, School Lane, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Simonstone area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Burnley and Pendle. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Simonstone to another place. Whalley. maps of Simonstone and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD774345 (Lat/Lon: 53.806297, -2.344669), Simonstone which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.